Augmented Reality (AR) advertising has the potential to positively influence all stages of the customer journey. Find out more in this blog article.
Picture perfect: The power of AR image augmentation
AR technology has the power to enhance and modify images in real-time. Find out more about the benefits of AR-powered image augmentation in this article.
Augmented Reality (AR) has become a buzzword in the tech industry and has come to impact how many of us live, work, and keep themselves entertained. One core mechanism of AR is image augmentation.
What is AR-enabled image augmentation?
Image augmentation is the process of overlaying real-world images with virtual content including objects, text, video, animations, or interactive event buttons that users can click on. The underlying technology that enables image augmentation is computer vision, whose AI-powered algorithm can detect and recognize the specific feature points of objects, people, and scenes in an image. Once the algorithm has successfully analyzed the context and composition of the image, this information can then be used to add a digital augmentation to the image.
Use cases of image augmentation
AR-enabled image augmentation is an effective tool with the goal to enhance digital experiences for users. Its applications are far-reaching and encompass a wide range of industries, some of which are included in the following list:
E-commerce and retail
Retailers, be it online or on-site, can use image augmentation to advertise their items and show additional product information to incentivize customers to make a purchase decision. Click here for concrete AR ideas in the retail industry.
Advertising and marketing
Brands and organizations can use AR-enabled image augmentation to present themselves as innovative and forward-looking. Find more information about how to increase brand engagement with he help of AR here.
Trainers and educators can use image augmentation to provide learners with interactive learning experiences that increase learner engagement and knowledge retention. Feel free to have a look at our dedicated blog article about creative AR ideas for teachers and trainers.
With AR, providers of printing services have the opportunity to enhance their products, which gives them great upselling and cross-selling possibilities. Have a look at this article to read more about how print businesses can leverage the power of AR-enabled image augmentation.
Tourism and entertainment
Tourism and entertainment service providers can use image augmentation to make tours of historical sites, landmarks, museums, and other tourist attractions more interactive. For example, tourists may use their mobile devices to get access to AR maps or learn more about the sites they’re visiting by viewing digital information about the attractions or artifacts on display.
What are the benefits of augmenting images with AR?
Now that we’ve had a look at some concrete use cases, let’s dive into the wealth of benefits that image augmentation brings to the table:
- Interactive and immersive experience: AR-enabled image augmentation allows customers to dive into a product more deeply, explore different scenarios, and interact with virtual brand assets.
- Improved value perception: Due to its innovativeness, AR enhances the perceived value and appeal of a brand, making it stand out in a crowded market and creating upselling opportunities for products.
- Better product demonstration: With augmented images, customers can see a life-size version of the product and better understand its functionality.
- Enhanced brand awareness: By incorporating AR into their visual marketing strategy, brands can increase their exposure, relevance, and overall impact on their target audience.
- Personalization: Businesses and brands can personalize their image augmentations to meet the needs and preferences of individual customers. Localizing the AR experience, for example, creates an emotional bond with the viewer and makes the interaction more memorable.
- Cost-effectiveness: AR provides an effective alternative to traditional marketing methods, such as running ads on search engines, social media, or TV. This helps to reduce costs and increase ROI.
- Improved analytics: AR can provide brands with valuable insights and data on customer preferences and behavior metrics including dwell-time, number of views, and conversion rates, which can inform future marketing strategies.
- Increased customer loyalty: AR-enabled image augmentation has the potential to create a strong emotional connection between the customer and the brand, making it more likely to urn one-time customers into regulars and advocates of the brand.
In conclusion, AR-enabled image augmentation is a powerful tool that has the potential to revolutionize the way we interact with images and print media in general. With its combination of AR, computer vision, and creative possibilities, image augmentation offers endless opportunities for businesses, educators, and consumers alike. In this respect, the AR creation platform SQUARS is the perfect choice, as it specializes in creating AR experiences that are linked to images. A free trial version is available.